Robert Spurck has been licensed to practice law since 2003, and his principal area of practice is health care law. Board Certified in Health Law, Robert represents hospitals, physicians and other health care providers in all facets of their business, including business transactions, federal and state regulatory matters, day-to-day compliance, contractual and operational issues.
Robert regularly advises clients on fraud and abuse issues under the anti-kickback and self-referral laws, HIPAA and other privacy issues, entity formation and the purchase and sale of health care facilities. Robert has also assisted health care providers in responding to government investigations and subpoenas and has experience in the regulation, formation and operations of Accountable Care Organizations. Furthermore, Robert advises public health care facilities on public law issues, including responding to public information requests and advising on open meetings issues.
Prior to focusing his practice on health care law, Robert spent several years as a litigator, in the areas of insurance coverage and commercial litigation.
He is active in the legal community through membership in the local and state bar associations, and the American Health Lawyers Association. Robert is also a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity and has been named among the “Best Lawyers in America” in Health Care Law.
- Represented Sellers and Buyers in the sale and purchase of different healthcare facilities
- Experience in analyzing various compliance and regulatory issues commonly faced by health care facilities and providers
- Represented physicians and physician groups in compliance and contractual matters
- Formation and regulation of Accountable Care Organizations
- Experience in assisting healthcare facilities in responding to government investigations, subpoenas and qui tam lawsuits
- Experience in public law issues
- Employee/Employer workplace investigations
- Assisted clients in acquisition of Trademarks with United States Patent and Trademark office and Texas Secretary of State
- Represented health care entities, businesses as well as individuals in breach of contract, collection matters, employment claims and business tort litigation
- State Bar of Texas (admitted 2003)
- Board Certified, Health Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association, Health Law Section
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America” in the specialty of Health Care Law, Best Lawyers by Woodward White, Inc. (2018-2021)